Thursday, June 25, 2009

Our Disney Trip - Day one

Cast of Characters - Myself - Stacey - 31, Husband - Bryan - 35, Step-Daughter - Briana - 11, Son - Owen - 4, Daughter - Kate - 2

Today was our travel day going to Disney World. Everyone was so excited. We boarded the plane around 9:45 a.m. for a 10:05 a.m. flight. While boarding the plane Briana asked us where was Kate’s baby? WHAT?!?!?! We couldn’t get off the plane because we had already boarded. The pilot said he would go and look in the terminal for the baby. After 5 minutes of me freaking out, he showed up on the plane with the baby. He saved our vacation. Losing Kate’s baby would not have been the way to start off our trip. There was a woman in front of me with a cat on the plane, she kept taking it out, I’m allergic to cats so I started getting itchy right away, then I traded seats with Bryan one row back because I thought that would help. I was having trouble breathing. The flight attendant told her she had keep the cat in its carrier. On the second leg that woman sat up front, so it wasn’t a problem, thank god. 3 of 5 of our TVs didn’t work on Jet Blue, and that was the main reason we picked Jet Blue, so that was a letdown. But other than that the ride was uneventful, just a little bumpy on the way down. Kate slept most of the first leg of the trip. We stopped in Austin and had to deplane and re board. The TVs were still out for Stacey, Bryan, and Kate. Owen slept for most of second leg. We landed in Orlando around 7 and got right on the Disney Magical Express, it was so nice not having to worry about luggage. We were off to the All Star Movies. The kids were excited to see the Disney movie they played on the bus. I had done online check in, and I know a Toy Story room was requested, but when we checked in we had a Dalmatian room. I talked with the Cast Member and she called her manager and was able to switch us to Toy Story, as this was a birthday present for my son, he would have been devastated to not get a Toy Story room. The rooms were a bit smaller than I thought they would be, but it wasn’t that bad. I would probably not stay there again. We ate dinner around nine at the food court. Briana got a double cheese burger, Bryan and I had Philly cheese steaks, and Owen and Kate shared one kids chicken nugget. We got two cookies and a brownie for dessert and a PowerAde and two drinks. It would have been $48, but we used 4 counter service credits. We bought a refillable mug for Bryan. Everything tasted pretty good, we were pleasantly surprised. My mom had mailed us a package that I realized we didn’t get on check in, as well as not getting our wedding information package. I went up to the front desk and after a few moments they located the wedding package. The package that my mom sent was delivered to the room we were initially checked into, not our current room. I was up until 12 pm waiting for the box to be delivered after getting the run around many times. I finally went to sleep around 1 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment